- "Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, vendor, visitor, household or business. This includes any information you provide, information automatically collected about you, and information from third parties who you have authorized to disclose your personally identifiable information. Aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information and publicly available information lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records are not Personal Information.
- “Service Providers” are third parties that process information on our behalf to whom we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract that limits the Service Provider’s right to retain, use, or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide services to us under the contract or otherwise specified under the law.
- “Contractors” mean vendors, agents, contractors, or partners that provide services to or on behalf of cleanwater1 or our business partners.
Collection of Your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, cleanwater1 may collect, store, use and process Personal Information that you give or make available to us based on our business relationship with you by using or accessing the Site or other online services. We do not collect any Personal Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain Personal Information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. This may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and account information.
- Disclosure of personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through cleanwater1's public message boards.
- Registering for an account on our Site.
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners.
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties.
- Sending us an email message.
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site.
Use of Your Personal Information
cleanwater1 collects and uses your Personal Information to:
- Operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- Inform you of other products or services available from cleanwater1.
- Administer your account.
- Improve our operational efficiency and to provide you with better service.
- Authenticate and verify your identity when you contact us or when you access your account.
- Communicate with you about your account, products and services, including responding to your contacting us.
- Send you information about programs, products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities.
- Comply with legal requirements or assert or defend a legal claim.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
cleanwater1 does not and will not sell or share your Personal Information except as noted as follows:
- cleanwater1 may share your Personal Information with our affiliates.
- cleanwater1 may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to cleanwater1, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- cleanwater1 may disclose your Information to those who are involved with a merger, sale of cleanwater1 stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- cleanwater1 may disclose your Information to Service Providers or Contractors, to provide, maintain and improve our services, including service providers who assist us with IT/network infrastructure, payment processing, data security, customer support, data analytics, communications, or otherwise.
- cleanwater1 may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to whom you request we provide.
- cleanwater1 may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on cleanwater1 or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of cleanwater1; (c) enable third parties to provide services to you on our behalf, but only to the extent necessary to provide those services and subject to appropriate confidentiality and security requirements; (d) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of cleanwater1, or the public; and (e) to protect and defend our rights and property.
Tracking User Behavior
cleanwater1 may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within cleanwater1, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within cleanwater1 to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by cleanwater1. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the cleanwater1 website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of Your Personal Information
cleanwater1 secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. cleanwater1 uses SSL Protocol for this purpose.
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
cleanwater1 does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Site.
From time to time, cleanwater1 may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from cleanwater1 or click on a link therein. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from cleanwater1, you may opt out of such communications by updating your preferences in the email preference center or clicking the unsubscribe button. We make no warranties about email notifications or other communications. cleanwater1 disclaims all warranties, including implied representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
cleanwater1 uses the phone number (2) you provide to communicate with you about our programs and services and other aspects of the services we provide. We do not engage in telemarketing, and any communication with you via telephone is conducted in accordance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and applicable state law. To learn more about the TCPA and applicable state laws, you may visit the Federal Trade Commission’s TCPA webpage at www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/tcpa.html.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we work.
Changes to this Statement
For California Customers Only - CPRA Notice
The California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) gives California residents additional privacy rights, subject to certain exceptions and limitations. If you are a California resident, you have the right to make the following requests:
- Notice: We are required to notify you before we collect your Personal Information or sensitive Personal Information we collect, the purpose of collecting it, and how long we retain that information.
- Access: You can ask us for the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information during the 12 months preceding your request.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of processing that Personal Information.
- Delete: You may ask us to delete Personal Information under certain circumstances. Please note that we won’t be able to honor deletion requests in many cases, including when we need to keep the information to: (i) complete a transaction or otherwise perform a contract between you and us; (ii) detect or protect against security incidents or fraud; (iii) comply with a legal obligation [CHECK THIS: including those imposed by the California Public Utilities Commission]; and/or (iv) otherwise internally use your Personal Information in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the Personal Information.
Telephone number: 858.218.3745
Effective as of March 28, 2023.